Future Mix


Future Mix :

Comparison of future tenses: going to, will, Simple Present, Present Progressive
  1.  → Explanation  on future I simple (going to)
  2. → Explanation  on future I simple (will)
  3. → Explanation  on simple present
  4. → Explanation  on present progressive

1-Future I Simple going to :

Form of going to Future  : 

positivenegativequestion
II am going to speak.I am not going to speak.Am I going to speak?
you / we / theyYou are going to speak.You are not going to speak.Are you going to speak?
he / she / itHe is going to speak.He is not going to speak.Is he going to speak?

Use of going to Future : 

an action in the near future that has already been planned or prepared
Example:am going to study harder next year.

a conclusion regarding the immediate future
Example: The sky is absolutely dark. It is going to rain.

Signal Words : 

  • in one year, next week, tomorrow

2-Form of will Future:

positivenegativequestion
no differencesI will speak.I will not speak.Will I speak?
  • Use of will Future : 
  • a spontaneous decision
    Example: Wait, I will help you.

  • an opinion, hope, uncertainty or assumption regarding the future
    Example: He will probably come back tomorrow.

  • a promise
    Example: I will not watch TV tonight.

  • conditional clauses type I
    Example: If I arrive late, I will call you.

    3-Simple Present (Present Simple) - Introduction:


    The simple present expresses an action in the present taking place once, never or several times. It is also used for actions that take place one after another and for actions that are set by a timetable or schedule. The simple present also expresses facts in the present.


    4-Present Progressive - Introduction:


    The present progressive is used for actions going on in the moment of speaking and for actions taking place only for a short period of time. It is also used to express development and actions that are arranged for the near future.
    Present progressive is also known as present continuous.


    Use  : 

    Future I going toFuture I willSimple PresentPresent Progressive
    decision made for the futureaction in the future that cannot be influencedaction set by a time table or scheduleaction already arranged for the near future
    conclusion with regard to the futureassumption with regard to the future
    spontaneous decision

No comments:

Post a Comment